I Have been Admitted

Applying to Imperial Valley College

How to apply to Imperial Valley College

Apply to Imperial Valley College beginning March 15 at the www.imperial.edu website and click onto “Apply Now” button. If you have previously applied to Imperial Valley College, and took courses during high school you will have to reapply. Because you have created a CSUMentor account when applying to San Diego State University-IV, you will need to enter your CSUMentor username and password when beginning the CCCApply admission application, then click Log On.

It is important that when filling out the application you identify yourself as a high school graduate and provide the month/date you plan to graduate.

In addition to the application, you will need to submit the following:

Advanced Placement scores should be sent directly to Imperial Valley College. The AP institution code is 4358. Please send official Advanced Placement test to:

Imperial Valley College
ATTN: Admission & Records Office
P.O. Box 158
Imperial, California 92251

In addition to applying to IVC, in order to get priority registration as an IVUP student, you must complete the following:

  1. Take the Accuplacer exam
  2. Attend an orientation at IVC (with your high school)
  3. Meet with an IVC advisor to develop your Student Educational Plan (SEP) (this is done on the same day as your orientation).

Please download the IVC New Student Checklist to obtain details about these and other steps you will need to do.


IVC - Frequently Asked Questions

How much is the application fee?
The application process is free for California Community Colleges.

Whom should I contact when I have questions about the application process?
You can call the Admission & Records Office at or in person you can go to Administration Building 10.

I already took the ELM and EPT exams; do I still need to take the Imperial Valley College Accuplacer placement test?
YES, as an IVUP student, you are required to take the Accuplacer placement test.

How do I know if I am considered a California resident?
To meet residency requirements for in-state tuition and fee purposes, you must be a U.S. citizen or have an immigration status which allows you to establish residency. In addition, you must physically reside in California for at least one year before the first day of classes and establish intent to make California your permanent home at the beginning of that year. Go to the www.imperial.edu website and click on the current Imperial Valley College Course Schedule and Student Guide for further information. A waiver of nonresident tuition may be granted to eligible California high school graduates. Please contact the Admissions and Records Office for more information.

Do I need to submit my SAT or ACT test scores when I apply for admission?
No. At the moment, Imperial Valley College does not accept SAT or ACT test scores for placement.

I am a high school student taking a class at another community college. Do I have to submit a separate transcript if my high school is posting the grade on my high school transcript?
Yes. College courses taken at another community college will not be considered official if listed on a high school transcript. An official transcript must be requested and sent by mail to Imperial Valley College.